Pinnacles, Airlie Beach is committed to Reuse & Recycle and are proud to have partnered with the Whitsunday Regional Council’s Healthy Hearts project in conjunction with Earthcheck to reduce our carbon footprint where possible.
Caring for our planet
means being pro-active by:
* Reducing our consumption of energy:
– Energy efficient lighting is installed throughout all apartments providing a saving of up to 80%
– Electric Car Charging stations are available for our guests
* Reducing water consumption:
– Provide guests the option to book eco-friendly room rates(no room servicing) and the option to reuse their towels during their stay.
– Our linen is laundered in continuous batch washers averaging less than 3 litres of water per kilogram washed with no extra electricity required to achieve this.
* Reducing the amount of waste we generate:
– Pinnacles in 2022 replaced single use Loccitane miniature toiletries to the Australian owned brand Appelles, using 500ml refillable bathroom amenities saving over 10,000 single use minatures from entering landfill per year.
– Guests compendiums and express check-ins are now available for guests online, removing paper copies to reduce our CO2 emissions.
– Pinnacles use Biopak compostable bin liners
– Guests are encouraged to recycle with recycling bins conveniently located with all general waste bins.
Guests are able to purchase one of our Eco-Friendly Cotton Canvas Beach totes from reception. Perfect for a day out on the water. Pinnacles being located in regional Queensland has adapted a local (Airlie Beach, Bowen & Proserpine) purchasing policy contributing 70% of total expenditure back into the community.
* Supporting local organisations
-Pinnacles support Eco Barge Clean Seas Inc. which is a not-for-profit environmental organisation, established in Airlie Beach to engage the community to protect the marine life and aquatic environment of the Whitsunday region by:
- Removing marine debris to reduce its impacts
- Reducing land-based litter and littering behaviour to prevent the occurrence of local marine debris
- Recycling and transforming ocean plastics to reduce landfill
- Providing care for sick and injured marine turtles
A donation can be made at time of booking to assist us in our support of this wonderful organisation. Since introduction in April 2023 of this initiative, Pinnacles have donated $877.00.
We are always looking at ways to reduce our carbon footprint whilst also ensuring that our guests have an enjoyable and quality experience. If you have any recommendation we would love to hear them.